I have some posts in the works, but they are going to take a little while. In the meantime, here are some items of note from people I follow.
- Thingy serves up some Swiftian dystopian futurism. It’s the best flash fiction I’ve read in a while… at least I hope it’s fiction.
- Pat Prescott has discovered a new thriller author he’s enjoying. I haven’t read these books but they sound interesting. And hey, the guy is self-published!
- Audrey Driscoll has been busy–she’s posted a new story on her blog, entitled “The Ice Cream Truck from Hell” and she’s also reviewed Mark Paxson’s short story collection The Marfa Lights. I encourage you to read both.
- Lydia Schoch wants to hear from lovers of speculative fiction. I wonder if anyone like that reads this blog…?
- Finally, Noah Goats has a new novel out, called The Unpublishables. I’m only about 1/5 of the way into it, but I’m enjoying it immensely. I’m going to have lots more to say about it when I write my review, but for now, just know that it’s a book especially for indie authors. Read the description on Amazon, and you’ll see what I mean. It’s both a love letter to, and a gentle satire of, books and the people who write them.
That’s all for now. More later. In the meantime, as the last of the truly great philosophers would say, “I’m pullin’ for ya… we’re all in this together.”