Here’s an extensive and fascinating article by Peter Birkenhead at Salon about Confederate nostalgia. I’ve been thinking of doing a post about this topic for some time now, but it’s going to take me a while to write it. In the meantime, though, this is a very interesting piece.
- Book Review: “Solomon’s Fortune” by Peter Martuneac
- “No more infolinks, transmissions of any kind… We’ll start again, live in villages!”
- Book Review: “The Cybernetic Tea Shop” by Meredith Katz
- Book Review: “Commando – Shoot To Kill: Rhodesian Bush War Operator” by Peter Rische
- Book Review: “The Kill Chain” by G.J. Scobie
Top Posts & Pages
- Harry Potter and the Desaturation Filter
- Was Bismarck a Socialist?
- Movie Review: "The Omen" (1976)
- Film Review: “Sleepy Hollow” (1999)
- "The Dreams in the Witch House" is a bad story. And yet...
- My analysis of "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre"
- Movie Review: "Waterloo" (1970)
- Book Review: "Rabble in Arms" by Kenneth Roberts (1933)
- Book Review: "Irene Iddesleigh" by Amanda McKittrick Ros (1897)
- Book Review: "Casca: The Eternal Mercenary" (Book #1) by Barry Sadler
Subjects of Discussion:
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- “The Repairer of Reputations” by Robert W. Chambers (Annotated by Berthold Gambrel)
- Dawnzantium Currency Converter
- How to Fix Social Media
- Indie Book Reviews
- Light Mode
- The Emperor and the Red Man
- The Lurge Robot Factory Adventure
- Writing Exercise for Writers Supporting Writers Group