If by “big picture”, he means their repetition of the ancient “good humans vs. evil aliens” storyline, then yes, that is true. But never mind a little thing like “narrative detail”; it’s a glowing review, and Hoggins apparently considers Reach to be a great game because… it’s just like all the other Halo games?
Top Posts & Pages
- Book Review: "Keiree" by C. Litka
- TV Review: "Wonder Woman" (1975-79)
- Book Review: "Rabble in Arms" by Kenneth Roberts (1933)
- Movie Review: "The Wind" (2018)
- "The Model of a Laissez-Faire Economist"
- Ross Scott's analysis of the game "Deus Ex"
- Book Review: "The Ballad of Black Tom" by Victor LaValle
- "The English Patient" and "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith"
- Movie Review: "Christmas Crush"
- "The Grand Duke": Gilbert and Sullivan's most underrated opera.
Subjects of Discussion:
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- “The Repairer of Reputations” by Robert W. Chambers (Annotated by Berthold Gambrel)
- Dawnzantium Currency Converter
- How to Fix Social Media
- Indie Book Reviews
- Light Mode
- The Emperor and the Red Man
- The Lurge Robot Factory Adventure