If by “big picture”, he means their repetition of the ancient “good humans vs. evil aliens” storyline, then yes, that is true. But never mind a little thing like “narrative detail”; it’s a glowing review, and Hoggins apparently considers Reach to be a great game because… it’s just like all the other Halo games?
Top Posts & Pages
- Bad Acting vs. Bad Writing
- Harry Potter and the Desaturation Filter
- OneSTDV responds to me.
- Book Review: "Paper Lion" by George Plimpton (1966)
- Book Review: "Romance of the Three Kingdoms: Volume 1" by Luo Guanzhong, translation by C.H. Brewitt-Taylor
- Movie Review: "The Fifth Element" (1997)
- Movie Review: "The Wind" (2018)
- The History of the Decline and Fall of the Epic Film Genre
- "Only if you have been in the deepest valley..."
- Responses to comments on my "OneSTDV" post.
Subjects of Discussion:
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- “The Repairer of Reputations” by Robert W. Chambers (Annotated by Berthold Gambrel)
- Dawnzantium Currency Converter
- How to Fix Social Media
- Indie Book Reviews
- Light Mode
- The Emperor and the Red Man
- The Lurge Robot Factory Adventure
- Writing Exercise for Writers Supporting Writers Group