I’ve been reading the book Nixonland by Rick Perlstein lately, and it’s very good. It’s fascinating to see just how hard Nixon worked to achieve what he did. Nixon, as we all know, had anti-charisma. JFK, on the other hand, had charisma. Given that, it really is a testament to what a marvelous politician Nixon was that the 1960 election was even close.
Top Posts & Pages
- An Anniversary
- Book Review: "Tiny Shoes Dancing" by Audrey Kalman
- "Heart of Darkness" and "Apocalypse Now" and "Far Cry 2" and "Spec Ops: The Line"
- "And It Casts Its Echoes Still": The 10th Anniversary of "Knights of The Old Republic II"
- Movie Review: "Waterloo" (1970)
- Haiku NFL Season Predictions
- Book Review: "Napoleon in America" by Shannon Selin
- My Top 10 Favorite Warren Zevon songs
- Book Review: "The Ballad of Black Tom" by Victor LaValle
- Movie Review: "It Comes at Night" (2017)
Barack Obama books Campaign 2012 Campaign 2016 conspiracy theories current-events Democrats Donald Trump Economics Election 2016 entertainment Fiction film film criticism football gaming gilbert and sullivan government halloween History horror Humor journalism literary criticism literature mitt romney Movies nfl on writing philosophy poems Poetry Politics Propaganda Religion republicans satire science Sports Star wars Technology videogames Video Games weird fiction writing