I’ve been reading the book Nixonland by Rick Perlstein lately, and it’s very good. It’s fascinating to see just how hard Nixon worked to achieve what he did. Nixon, as we all know, had anti-charisma. JFK, on the other hand, had charisma. Given that, it really is a testament to what a marvelous politician Nixon was that the 1960 election was even close.
Top Posts & Pages
- "Of Mice and Misogyny"
- Movie Review: "The Omen" (1976)
- Book Review: “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” by Washington Irving (1820)
- TV Review: “Wishbone: Halloween Hound: The Legend of Creepy Collars” (1997)
- "Heart of Darkness" and "Apocalypse Now" and "Far Cry 2" and "Spec Ops: The Line"
- Harry Potter and the Desaturation Filter
- The coming rehabilitation of the underappreciated "Star Wars" prequels
- Book Review: "The Ballad of Black Tom" by Victor LaValle
- Movie review: "Lawrence of Arabia" (1962)
- Book Review: "We Are Legion (We Are Bob)" (Bobiverse Book 1) by Dennis E. Taylor
Subjects of Discussion:
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- “The Repairer of Reputations” by Robert W. Chambers (Annotated by Berthold Gambrel)
- Dawnzantium Currency Converter
- How to Fix Social Media
- Indie Book Reviews
- Light Mode
- The Emperor and the Red Man
- The Lurge Robot Factory Adventure
- Writing Exercise for Writers Supporting Writers Group