Read more details here.
Well, Mr. Trump–and/or your advisors–if you’re reading this, and have now learned to follow my advice, I suggest you do the following things:
- Apologize specifically for your many past disgraceful words and deeds towards women, and never say or do such things again.
- Read David Ricardo to get some idea how International Trade works.
- Also read John Maynard Keynes to get some idea how macroeconomics works.
- In general, adopt a more cooperative tone–win or lose, it would be better if the country is not at war with itself when the election is over.
- Make a sizable donation from your own personal wealth to domestic violence shelters or other organizations that help women who have been victims of violence.
- Use your Twitter account only to post links to press releases and videos–not to insult random people.
- Quit constantly getting into fights with the Press. A Free Press is vital to the functioning of our Republic, and thus you should welcome their tough questions.
- Promise to reform and improve America’s Educational system, so that the next generation of young people can be competitive. As a first step in this direction, quit speaking in slang and improper English, and remove all vulgarity from your language while you are seeking public office.
- You have spoken in the past about the importance of hiring “the best people” away from the competition. Immigration can be used much the same way for a Nation–and indeed it has been throughout our great Country’s past. Remember that, and change your proposed policies accordingly.
I know what you are thinking, Mr. Trump. (If you’re reading this) You’re thinking: If I do all that, will I win?
I can’t say. But if you do it, you will at least be able to say you comported yourself honorably and intelligently in the last few months of the campaign. And if candidates for public office conduct themselves honorably and intelligently, it improves the quality of our political discourse generally. And if that happens, it will certainly help to make America even greater than it already is.
And that’s really what you want, isn’t it, Mr. Trump?