I’ve published a free-to-read horror story on the site Wattpad, largely as an experiment to see how I liked the site. You can reach it by clicking the cover above. Be warned, it is for mature audiences only, as it is quite violent, and also rather disturbing for other reasons. I don’t want to spoil it, but there are two extremely divergent interpretations that are possible, and either one is probably somewhat upsetting to different groups. I was going for an ambiguity similar to that in The Turn of the Screw by Henry James, if that helps clarify things. Hope it doesn’t offend anyone too much.
Top Posts & Pages
- Writing About Food
- My analysis of "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre"
- My Top 10 Favorite Warren Zevon songs
- American Exceptionalism and Fascism.
- "Heart of Darkness" and "Apocalypse Now" and "Far Cry 2" and "Spec Ops: The Line"
- Bad Acting vs. Bad Writing
- Ross Scott's analysis of the game "Deus Ex"
- The History of the Decline and Fall of the United States Congress
- "The Repairer of Reputations"
- Book Review: "Swimming with Bridgeport Girls" by Anthony Tambakis
Barack Obama books Campaign 2012 Campaign 2016 conspiracy theories current-events Democrats Donald Trump Economics Election 2016 entertainment Fiction film film criticism football gaming gilbert and sullivan government halloween History horror Humor journalism literary criticism literature mitt romney Movies nfl on writing philosophy poems Poetry Politics Propaganda Religion republicans satire science Sports Star wars Technology videogames Video Games weird fiction writing