I’ve published a free-to-read horror story on the site Wattpad, largely as an experiment to see how I liked the site. You can reach it by clicking the cover above. Be warned, it is for mature audiences only, as it is quite violent, and also rather disturbing for other reasons. I don’t want to spoil it, but there are two extremely divergent interpretations that are possible, and either one is probably somewhat upsetting to different groups. I was going for an ambiguity similar to that in The Turn of the Screw by Henry James, if that helps clarify things. Hope it doesn’t offend anyone too much.
Top Posts & Pages
- "It is in vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquility: they must have action."--Jane Eyre.
- Book Review: "Romance of the Three Kingdoms: Volume 1" by Luo Guanzhong, translation by C.H. Brewitt-Taylor
- "Heart of Darkness" and "Apocalypse Now" and "Far Cry 2" and "Spec Ops: The Line"
- Book Review: "Forgiven: A Historical Novel" by Geoff Lawson
- Book Series Retrospective: "Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear" by John Whitman
- Harry Potter and the Desaturation Filter
- My review of "Metro 2033" (the book)
- "The Model of a Laissez-Faire Economist"
- American Exceptionalism and Fascism.
- Time Enough At Last?
Subjects of Discussion:
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- “The Repairer of Reputations” by Robert W. Chambers (Annotated by Berthold Gambrel)
- Dawnzantium Currency Converter
- How to Fix Social Media
- Indie Book Reviews
- Light Mode
- The Emperor and the Red Man
- The Lurge Robot Factory Adventure