Mark Adomanis has a good piece in Forbes about how the John Derbyshire incident highlights divisions among Conservatives. It’s another instance of tension between what I call “nationalists” and “materialists”.
Top Posts & Pages
- "The Model of a Laissez-Faire Economist"
- Why I Don’t Want a Smart Phone
- My Review of "Jane Got a Gun" (Warning: Some Spoilers!)
- My Top 10 Favorite Warren Zevon songs
- Mark Paxson, Phillip McCollum, and Why You Should Read Short Stories
- "Heart of Darkness" and "Apocalypse Now" and "Far Cry 2" and "Spec Ops: The Line"
- Harry Potter and the Desaturation Filter
- "Not Much Sun in My Story": The Romantic Beauty of "Jane Got a Gun"
Barack Obama books Campaign 2012 Campaign 2016 conspiracy theories current-events Democrats Donald Trump Economics Election 2016 entertainment Fiction film film criticism football gaming gilbert and sullivan government halloween History horror Humor journalism literary criticism literature mitt romney Movies nfl on writing philosophy poems Poetry Politics Propaganda Religion republicans satire science Sports Star wars Technology videogames Video Games weird fiction writing